How to use the phone number block
Learn everything you need to know to use the phone number block in your forms.
When to use
Use the phone number block to let your respondents enter a telephone number.
How to use
Add a new block to your form and then select the question type
Phone number. You can now customize this block to your needs with the following features:
Textfeature for the name/title of this block.
Descriptionfeature to add a description to this block.
Placeholderfeature to add a text inside the empty input control of this block.
- Help text
Help textfeature to add a help text to this block.
By default this block is not required to fill out by your respondents. Enable the
Requiredfeature to make this block required to fill out.
By default this block is visible in your form. Enable the
Visibilityfeature to hide it for your respondents.
By default the name/title of this block will be used in your dataset. Enable the
Aliasfeature to use a different name in your dataset.
By default the collected data of this block will be stored to the dataset of each result. Enable the
Exportabilityfeature to take control over the storage. You can then include/exclude the data from your dataset. Please note that if you exclude data from the dataset you can never see and/or use the given answers from your respondents to this block, because the data is simply not stored at all.
Logic is important to make your forms smart and conversational. The phone number block can work with the following branch conditions to help you with that:
- Phone number is empty;
- Phone number is not empty.
- Value matches
- Value does not match
- Value contains
- Value does not contain
- Value starts with
- Value ends with
- Value is empty;
- Value is not empty.
When we mention
your filter above, there are some different filters that you can use to make the right comparison:
- Text - Compare with a fixed text that you enter;
- Value - Compare with another block value entered in the form by a respondent (more info).
You can use the calculator block to perform calculations with given answers. The phone number block supports the following calculation operations:
- Compare - Compare a phone number and output a value based on the result of the comparison;
- Character count - Count the number of characters in a phone number;
- Word count - Count the number of words in a phone number;
- Line count - Count the number of lines in a phone number;
- Count occurrences - Count the number of occurrences of a certain text, character or regular expression in a phone number;
- Convert to number - Convert a phone number to a number value.