How to use the email address block
Learn everything you need to know to use the email address block in your forms.
When to use
Use the email address block to let your respondents enter an email address, including automated checks for valid addresses.
How to use
Add a new block to your form and then select the question type
Email address. You can now customize this block to your needs with the following features.
Each question block has basic features to present the block the way you need, for example
Help text. And most of the question blocks have common options, like the
More information about these basic features can be found in the help article about our form builder.
Logic is important to make your forms smart and conversational. The email address block can work with the following branch conditions to help you with that:
- Email address matches
- Email address does not match
- Email address matches domain
- Email address does not match domain
- Email address is empty;
- Email address is not empty.
- Value matches
- Value does not match
- Value contains
- Value does not contain
- Value starts with
- Value ends with
- Value is empty;
- Value is not empty.
When we mention
your filter above, there are some different filters that you can use to make the right comparison:
- Text - Compare with a fixed text that you enter;
- Value - Compare with another block value entered in the form by a respondent (more info).
You can use the calculator block to perform calculations with given answers. The email address block supports the following calculation operations:
- Compare - Compare an email address and output a value based on the result of the comparison;
- Character count - Count the number of characters in an email address;
- Word count - Count the number of words in an email address;
- Line count - Count the number of lines in an email address;
- Count occurrences - Count the number of occurrences of a certain text, character or regular expression in an email address;
- Convert to number - Convert an email address to a number value.