How to use the date (and time) block
Learn everything you need to know to use the date (and time) block in your forms.
When to use
Use the date block to let your respondents select a date and optionally a time, for example to make an appointment.
How to use
Add a new block to your form and then select the question type
Date. You can now customize this block to your needs with the following features:
Textfeature for the name/title of this block.
Descriptionfeature to add a description to this block.
Placeholderfeature to add a text inside the empty input control of this block.
- Help text
Help textfeature to add a help text to this block.
Timefeature to let your respondents also enter a time with the date.
Rangefeature to let the block ask for two dates, namely a
Fromdate and a
Todate. The form will automatically show two date fields if this feature is enabled.
Limitsfeature to determine in between what dates the answered date(s) have to be. You can select the minimum and maximum date (including an optional time). Next to static date limits you can also determine if the date that your respondent selects has to be
In the futureand/or
In the past. This will be checked at the moment the respondent fills out the form.
By default this block is not required to fill out by your respondents. Enable the
Requiredfeature to make this block required to fill out.
By default this block is visible in your form. Enable the
Visibilityfeature to hide it for your respondents.
By default the name/title of this block will be used in your dataset. Enable the
Aliasfeature to use a different name in your dataset.
By default the collected data of this block will be exported to your results. Enable the
Exportabilityfeature to not include this data in your dataset.
Logic is important to make your forms smart and conversational. The date block can work with the following branch conditions to help you with that:
- Date (and time) is equal to
- Date (and time) is not equal to
- Date (and time) is before
- Date (and time) is after
- Date (and time) is between
- Date (and time) is not between
- Date (and time) is empty;
- Date (and time) is not empty.
Range is enabled, you can use these conditions for the
From date and the
To date separately.
When we mention
your filter(s) above, there are some different filters that you can use to make the right comparison:
- Current date/time - Compare with the current date (and time) of the moment of form usage by a respondent;
- Fixed date/time - Compare with a fixed date (and time) that you enter;
- Value - Compare with another block value entered in the form by a respondent (more info).
You can use the calculator block to perform calculations with given answers. The date block supports the following calculation operations:
- Compare - Compare a date and output a value based on the result of the comparison;
- Age - Calculate the age (time) between two points in time;
- Year - Retrieve the year of a date;
- Month - Retrieve the month of a date (1-12);
- Day of month - Retrieve the day of month of a date (1-31);
- Day of week - Retrieve the day of week of a date (0-6).