How to use the phone number block
Learn everything you need to know to use the phone number block in your forms.
When to use
Use the phone number block to let your respondents enter a telephone number.
How to use
Add a new block to your form and then select the question type
Phone number. You can now customize this block to your needs with the following features.
Each question block has basic features to present the block the way you need, for example
Help text. And most of the question blocks have common options, like the
More information about these basic features can be found in the help article about our form builder.
Logic is important to make your forms smart and conversational. The phone number block can work with the following branch conditions to help you with that:
- Phone number is empty;
- Phone number is not empty.
- Value matches
- Value does not match
- Value contains
- Value does not contain
- Value starts with
- Value ends with
- Value is empty;
- Value is not empty.
When we mention
your filter above, there are some different filters that you can use to make the right comparison:
- Text - Compare with a fixed text that you enter;
- Value - Compare with another block value entered in the form by a respondent (more info).
You can use the calculator block to perform calculations with given answers. The phone number block supports the following calculation operations:
- Compare - Compare a phone number and output a value based on the result of the comparison;
- Character count - Count the number of characters in a phone number;
- Word count - Count the number of words in a phone number;
- Line count - Count the number of lines in a phone number;
- Count occurrences - Count the number of occurrences of a certain text, character or regular expression in a phone number;
- Convert to number - Convert a phone number to a number value.