How to automatically store form responses in Notion
Connect your Tripetto form to Notion to automatically store the form response data in a Notion database.
When to use
You can use this automation if you want to collect all data in your own Notion database automatically.
What you need
The scenario we describe in this article is an example of connecting Tripetto to other services, in this case Notion. Click here for more general information about connecting Tripetto to other services.
For this scenario you will need the following:
- Tripetto, to collect your form submissions;
- Integromat, to connect your form data to other services;
- Notion, to store the form data.
There are alternatives to use for Integromat, for example Zapier, Pabbly Connect or even a custom webhook. Of course it's up to you to use your favorite automation tool.
How to use
These are the steps to take to automate the process of storing form data in Google Sheets.
Step 1 - Build Tripetto form
- First make sure your Tripetto form collects the desired data.
The result of this step is your Tripetto form, which you will use to collect your data from your respondents.
Step 2 - Prepare Notion database
- In your Notion workspace create a new database.
- Give your database a name, for example
Tripetto Form Results.
- Add the column header names of the data fields you want to store in this database.
- By default Notion adds 3 empty rows to your database. You can delete those.
The result of this step is your Notion database with the desired column headers, that we will use later on in the process.
Step 3 - Connect Tripetto to Integromat
- In your Integromat account add a new scenario.
- Give your scenario a name, for example
Add new database item to Notion for new Tripetto submission.
- Add a
Tripettomodule to your Integromat scenario. As trigger select
- Connect your Tripetto form to that trigger, by copy-pasting the webhook URL from Integromat into your Tripetto form (
Integromat). Have a look at this article for the detailed description how to connect Tripetto to Integromat.
- Test the connection, so Integromat receives the structure of your dataset.
The result of this step is that your Integromat scenario gets executed for each new form submission and you can use the data fields from your Tripetto form in the Integromat scenario.
Step 4 - Add database item to Notion
- Add a
Notionmodule to your Integromat scenario. As action select
Create a Database Item.
- Grant access to your Notion workspace.
Database IDselect your earlier created Notion database.
- Integromat will now recognize the column header names that you prepared earlier. For each column name you can now select the corresponding data field from your Tripetto form. This is the part where you map the entered data from your Tripetto form to the columns in your Notion database.
The result of this step is you now have automated sending the data from Tripetto to Notion.
Step 5 - Test and activate
Run oncein Integromat to start testing your automation.
- Fill out and submit your Tripetto form once.
- Check if your Integromat scenario has been processed correctly. If so, check the Notion database to see if the data is indeed added as a new database item.
- Activate your scenario in Integromat.
From now on this scenario will be executed automatically for each new form submission! Every new submission will now automatically be added to your Notion database 🎉
Tripetto lets you connect to 1.000+ services. We have made some step-by-step examples for often used scenarios:
- How to automatically store form responses in Google Sheets and generate analysis reports;
- How to automatically store form responses in Notion (current article);
- How to automatically create PDF files from form responses and send these to respondents;
- How to automatically add Mailchimp subscribers from form responses;
- How to automatically create Zendesk support tickets from form responses.